Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Without Any Extra Cost to You!
Last Updated on September 30, 2022 by John Robinson
Uber is one of the most popular rideshare companies in the world, but that doesn’t mean it’s perfect. In fact, there are hundreds of complaints filed about Uber every year for various reasons. Some of these complaints are related to billing issues and customer service issues, while others involve safety concerns.
Whatever the reasons may be, you’ve got to think straight if you are involved in an Uber accident as a passenger. Panicking or rushing with decisions can hamper your injury claims and worsen things for you. Follow these steps to take after an Uber accident to steer clear of trouble.
Check for Injuries
If you feel any pain in your body, check for injuries. If you have any visible bruises or cuts, take pictures of them and make sure to document their size and color. You should also remember how they were caused (i.e., was it a direct impact or simply banging into something.)
Talk to a Lawyer
You should always talk to a lawyer before giving a statement to an insurance company. This is because Uber will try to use your statement against you later in court. They may also try to pin the blame on you, even if it is not your fault. A lawyer can help you ensure that you are protected and that your rights are met by both parties. Learn more about recovering damages after an Uber accident.
Call 911 (if Necessary)
Calling 911 would be the wise thing to do in an Uber accident. The cops will be able to arrive on the scene and make sure that everyone is okay. The police will also be able to take a report of what happened in case you need to file an insurance claim later on.
Note the Important Details
Keep track of the time of day and the location of your Uber accident. This can be crucial later if you need to file an insurance claim. When you finally get home or back to your hotel, ensure you write down all the information about your accident. Try to describe the event thoroughly. This will help both you and your lawyer later on.
Take pictures of your vehicle, as well as any other vehicles that were involved in the accident. You should also take pictures of any visible injuries you have on your body. These photos will help prove what happened in court when it comes time to file an insurance claim.
While taking photos, keep these tips in mind:
- Do not touch anything. This can compromise evidence, so try to only take pictures from a distance.
- Take multiple photos of each scene or item. This will allow you to compare them later on if any discrepancies arise in court.
Exchanging names, phone numbers, and insurance information with the other driver(s) involved in the collision can help you later if you need to contact the driver(s) for more information. Furthermore, if there is any damage or debris left behind from the accident, try to keep some of it so that you can show it to your insurance company later.
Keep all Medical Records
You must have all the important medical records to win the injury claims.
These records include:
- X-Ray reports: You should have copies of the x-ray reports or your doctor’s records. These records will help you prove that you were injured in the accident and how badly injured you were at the time.
- MRI scans: This will help prove that there were injuries in your body that weren’t visible to others and indicate how severe they were. Also, if you had any other tests, such as CT scans or ultrasound, you must also have copies of these reports.
File an Insurance Claim
You can file the claim or let your personal injury lawyer file it for you. While filing, keep these tips in mind:
- Be sure to include all of the required information and documents, such as medical bills, police reports, and witness statements.
- Be specific about your injuries in the claim form.
- If there are witnesses who saw you get injured during the accident, ask them to sign a statement or affidavit stating what they saw.
Uber is not immune from accidents, but there are steps you can take to make sure you’re fully compensated for your injuries and are safe after the accident. We are sure the above tips were helpful.
Howdy! I’m John Robinson from Levittown, New York. I am a mechanical engineer for 15 years and already had an established car repair company. I developed a personal relationship with cars since I was a kid. I always love the sounds and smell emitted by a car or truck and even at construction machinery. Since then I have been married but my love for cars only grew.